It’s nice writing to you again, I hope you had a nice break over the holidays. As more people (like Aussies) are working from home more than ever before, myself included, let’s discuss having a healthy home work-life.
Disclaimer, you’ve received this newsletter (read online version) as you’ve subscribed to Mr Ash.co (or downloaded a freebie). If interested, read last months newsletter or see all newsletters for more.
Healthy Home Work-Life
If you’re working part-time at home, it’s a great balance between the office and waking up just before clock-in time. I spent 2021 part-time working from home, and now in 2022, I’m home full-time. Here are seven tips I’ve discovered from having the office across the hallway.
- Keep the same work routine.
- Have clear, mental work/home barriers.
- Don’t lose contact with work colleagues.
- If needed, take smaller, regular breaks.
- Keep motivated, keep moving,
- Stay hydrated, keep a water bottle close.
- Let house-mates know your work hours.
What about you? How are you finding a healthy Home Work-Life balance? Reply, I’d love to hear from you.
Catch-Up & Next Steps
- Our dog nearly died from a clogged-up stomach, after a $200 vet trip and a diet change, he’s fine.
- Started a 90 Day fitness challenge, no it’s not a new years resolution.
- Published two blog posts, 2021 Review • 2022 Plan and How To Build A PC 2022.
- Upgraded from my Razer Blade 2018 Laptop to a custom build, the PC master race at its finest.
- Back into gaming, I’ve been playing a lot of Battle Royal’s and tactical shooters with my friends again.
- Articles like You won’t regret it, Procrastinatory Doom Loops and 10 Lessons from 10 Years of Financial Independence.
- Videos like Jeff Bezos – Regret Minimization Framework, Notion Just Got 10x Better for Writing and the FUTURE of NetworkChuck.
- Shows like Arcane, Ozark, and movies like The Matrix, tick, tick…BOOM!, Don’t Look Up, Sasquatch and Spider-Man: No Way Home.
Key Point Indicators (KPIs):
- Newsletter friends: 122
- YouTube subscribers: 321
- Blog views/visitors: 2,491/1,562
- Pearler FI Progress: 1/5 @93.1%
- Publish articles about new PC and setup.
- Start a new cyber/programming course.
Thanks for reading the Healthy Home Work-Life newsletter for Jan 2022, I hope you enjoyed it. Personally, I love working from home and I’m striving to keep up the good work-life balance. Sure, it’s only been a month, but with a bit more discipline, I’m much happier compared to working at an office. Until next time, thanks again.