What a month! July feels like both the longest and shortest 31 days of recent. I hope you’ve been good throughout July. Disclaimer, this newsletter is from Mr Ash (that’s me), and you subscribed or downloaded a freebie, you’re reading online but you can listen here.
This month’s new content:
- Simple CTF (Video), OhSINT (Video), Agent Sudo (Video)
- Network Servcies 2 Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
- CS50P Problem Set Guide, Replit EdFest 2022 Jam – Intro To PyScript (Video)
Do you need help? I know I do and we all do at some stage in our lives.
Maybe you find it difficult to get help or even embarrassing. Please don’t, if you need help, just talk to someone. Asking for help and receiving it can be life changing and even life saving.
Since April I’ve been feeling lost, I’d have a few good days and then some bad. But I found the window between the good days and bad we’re shortening, I was feeling worse more often.
So I reached out to a free, professional councilor. Here’s what I learnt:
- Talking to a professional isn’t a big deal and it’s not embarrassing.
- It doesn’t have to be a long-term, ongoing conversation.
- You don’t have to trudge up your entire life and go through your childhood.
- Talking to someone outside of your life is empowering and motivating.
- There’s a “snowball effect” from talking, I’ve felt lighter and had less brain fog.
As someone who suffers from imposter syndrome, low self-esteem and social anxiety, I can say “getting help” helps.
If you need to talk to a professional, search “I need to talk to someone” or “professional councillors near me” to see local results to you and your country. If you just want to chat, my inbox is always open.
Catch-Up & Next Steps
- My wife and I started Hello Fresh. Weekly recipes delivered to our door all proportioned and ready to cook. So far we’re loving it, sure it’s more expensive but it’s helping us eat and cook better.
- My little (6.7ft) bro-in-law started playing basketball. It’s fun going back to the court I played at when I was younger.
- Work was busy as usual, we have new classes every 6-8 weeks. I started creating videos for my units and updated our graphics.
- I finally finished CS50P, the single hardest course I’ve ever got through. It’s been quite the learning journey, here’s my final project submission.
- Replit held a EdFest 2022 event, which had the likes of David Malan (CS50) and Qunicy Larson (freecodecamp). It was awesome so I submitted a course outline to their curriculum jam here.
- Since CS50P, I’ve started putting my Python skills to work building web apps with PyScript. So far I’m 3 projects deep, all are still a work in progress. 1) Mailto Me, 2) LightShot Leaks and 3) I Was There. I’d love feedback on any one or all of them!
Content I’ve Consumed
- Books: Linux For Hackers by Occupy The Web.
- Articles: Dollar Cost Averaging by Nick Maggiulli, Life Crafting by Frontiers, Tiny Changes Big Results by Isaiah McCall.
- Podcasts: Voulnet & Ed by Darknet, Darkode by Click Here, eps 1-3 by Lazarus Heist
- Videos: Hacking Laws by LiveOverflow, Best Hacking Python Book by David Bombal.
- Shows: How To With John Williams, The Rehearsal by Nathan Fielder.
Key Point Indicators (KPIs)
Next Month: Blogging, projects & more… for a full list, follow me on Twitter. This month I’m participating in the #MonthofAction challenge.
That’s a wrap, thanks for reading until the end. I really appreciate you for entering your email and taking time out to catch up. The more I write this newsletter the more it means to me. Thank you for being a part of it.