We’ve passed 2022’s halfway point, how about a check-in? Let’s talk about goals, work, courses and current learning path. Disclaimer, this newsletter is from Mr Ash (that’s me), and you’re subscribed or downloaded a freebie. Read online or listen here, enjoy!
Checking In, Halfway Point
It’s been a good year so far, I completed TryHackMe’s Beginner Path and it spawned me starting up YouTube again. Let’s look at the Key Point Indicators (KPIs) in a bit more detail.
- Newsletter friends: 200 (+6%) – hit the double hundred mark, this was the yearly target so happy to hit it this soon. I love writing my newsletter month to month, but find the lack of engagement a bit discouraging tbh.
- YouTube subscribers: 496 (+18%) – just under five hundred, already surpassed the yearly goal of four hundred. So far, it’s been really fun getting comments and watching more people enjoy the videos, keen to do more throughout the year.
- Blog views, visitors: 1150 (-36%), 612 (-12%) – after a steady increase, the blog has dipped in the last 2-3 months. I’m unsure why, I’m not sure if it’s just from the tracking software and web caching clashing as I’ve had this issue in the past. Whatever the case, I’m trying to not worry too much about numbers lowering. The largest referrer month to month is always Google Search, by far. While uploading more videos to YouTube, I have seen this as my second top referrer to the blog, which makes sense as the first and second most popular search engine.
All up, I’m very proud of sharing what I learn each week/month via my channels. I know it ain’t much, but it’s honest work.
Catch-Up & Next Steps
- I met my work colleagues for the first time IRL after 1.5yrs… can confirm they are real.
- My wife and I had a couple of rough weeks from the flu, I’m better but my poor wife is still sick.
- I’ve procrastinated CS50P, currently, weeks 9 of 10 and see no hope, please help me.
- We’ve spent more time with family this month, it’s been really nice hanging out with them all.
- I published Object Orientated Programming and Automate Python Practice Projects.
- Book: Gold 2.0 Opening The Vault – yes, I’m looking into crypto, do not scam me.
- Articles: PyScript Tutorial, Compulsion of doing everything, David Malan’s Docker Containers, ASIC Crush Creators, and Fall Of Reddit.
- Videos: AMA w/ David Malan, No, it’s no Sentient, Al Sweigart Interview, You’re Not Stupid, Feeling Tired, Coding Truths, VICE’s ALL GAS and Birds, DEFCON Challenge, and Grant’s Imposter Syndrome.
- Podcasts: HIBT Paypal Part 2, and Huberman Lab Boost Attention.
- Continue CS50P, and start the final project.
- Get back into YouTube.
I know everyone says it, but time is really going by so fast. I hope you’re doing well and having a good, productive year so far. Question, what do you want to do before 2023? And what are you doing about it?