[Note] This month’s newsletter is self indulgement as it discusses my goals and plans.
It’s taken me 6 years to start uploading regular videos to YouTube, so it’s time for a plan. Here’s my brand/business plan, and shoutout to my wife for helping me, these things are hard.
Hi, my name’s Ash, I’m 27 and a cyber security enthusiast sharing my journey. You’ve received this newsletter as you subscribed via my website or downloaded a freebie.
The Business Plan
What makes me unique/stand out/different?
- Relatability/empathy toward others learning cyber security.
- Energized by learning making content more enjoyable/engaging.
- A “unqiue” Australian accent and “easy listening” voice.
Why am I an authority? What value can I provide?
- 4yrs exp. teaching basic tech.
- Design bg means improved channel art, video graphics and thumbnails.
- Strong interest in videography to improve video/audio quality.
What platform am I going to focus on?
- YouTube, 1-3 long-form vids per week, plus experimenting with Shorts and Posts.
- Monthly BTS Newsletter and possible video.
What is my actual product/service?
- Entertaining/educational cyber scurity content generating revenue via Adsense, partnership deals and affiliate links.
- Digital cyber security products aimed to help students study via a ‘pay what you want’ model.
Who is my customer? Where are they spending time?
- Male, mid-20s, learning cyber security on platforms like TryHacMe.
- On YouTube.
Inspired by Devin Nash.
Memories For The Month
- Started working out with a remote personal trainer, and crushing it.
- Family parties we’re all the rav this month, was great dancing and catching up.
- Officially finished work for the year, woohoo!
- Published 10 videos on the channel this month, here’s a full playlist.
Showing The Stats
Next Month: Hit 1k subs on YT.
Keep to your course.